From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Recruitment process is moving back to quizzes
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 14:33:58
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > > you need to set aside a block of time (and usually two
3 >
4 > ...and you don't need to be able to put in that level of attention
5 > every now and again when you're a developer?
6
7 Not the same amount of meta time, no.
8
9 I agree with the estimate of about two days for the quizzes. This
10 might not seem much, but I think that the idiots that the quizzes
11 are designed to keep out can spend two (or four/eight if they need)
12 days to pass anyway with a little dedication, while less idiotic
13 idiots such as perhaps myself need years because we're doing
14 whatever work as opposed to learning foundation bylaws by heart.
15
16 I am exaggerating on purpose but maybe you get the point.
17
18 Really good recruitment basically has a different process for every
19 recruit. That obviously does not scale.
22 //Peter