From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New schema language for metadata validation?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 17:12:49
1 On 01/27/2016 10:28 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
2 >
3 >> Therefore, I'd suggest we just ship properly hand-written XML Schema,
4 >> with some nice comments. I don't see a reason to ship any RELAX-NG
5 >> files unless we actually have tools that support only that.
6 >
7 > I'd be curious what Michael, Ulrich, and others think.
10 I'm ambivalent, I gave up my emotional attachment to XML back when HTML
11 jumped the shark. Being able to type-check a document is important, but
12 XSD/RNG are a means to an end and I could put up with either one.