From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: Eric Sammer <eric@××××××××××××.com>, Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Web app GLEP?
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:25:21
1 On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 03:09:24AM -0500, Eric Sammer wrote:
2 > Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a 'movement' for a GLEP for
3 > web applications? I'm currently fixing up an ebuild for a log analyzer
4 > and I thought I'd kill two birds with one very large stone.
5 GLEP 11 is the GLEP responsible.
6
7 > I vaguely remember someone mentioning a 'webapp-config' or similar tool;
8 > was this ever implemented in a standard way?
9 Stuart and myself have been the main writers of the stuff so far, there
10 is bug somewhere in bugzilla about it. Stuart's code is with the bug,
11 however mine isn't yet, at least until my exams next week are over and I
12 finish some more of the code. At the moment I've been writing more of
13 the vhost-config code to deal with adding and removing vhost entities,
14 and exploring the best route to do it. Once the vhost stuff is done,
15 then the webapp-config stuff builds on top of it (as the webapps need
16 the ability to add custom snippets to the webserver configuration).
19 Robin Hugh Johnson
20 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
21 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
22 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
23 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85