From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: glibc-2.6 / gcc-4.2 going into ~arch
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 00:24:48
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> posted
2 200707061332.28490.vapier@g.o, excerpted below, on Fri, 06 Jul
3 2007 13:32:27 -0400:
4
5 > i dont plan on gcc-4.2.0 ever hitting stable, just opening up the
6 > testers so gcc-4.2.1 will be smooth
7
8 FWIW, I've only a single package not compiling on 4.2.0 now, and you
9 already know about it (the kdesvn one I mentioned that you already
10 reopened the bug on, that you hadn't been aware of earlier). With 600+
11 packages merged and 4.2 isn't even in ~arch yet, that's pretty
12 impressive, IMO. =8^) You and Ryan have been doing good work. =8^)
17 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list