From: Michael De Nil <michael@×××××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-newbies@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gentoo net install & proxy
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 10:29:52
1 Heyz
4 my provider put me behind a http-proxy, so I will have to go threw that,
5 but I am having some trouble: first is in the manual explained that it
6 should be changed in /etc/make.conf, but this doesn't do anything.
7
8 on the faq I found that I could also edit the config-file of wget in
9 /etc/wget/
10
11 now the problem with that is that it's replaced during the 'emerge
12 system', so that during the install, the system forgets the proxy again.
13
14 I changed it then again in another console, but when trying again, it was
15 still failing, so I interupted the process & restarted it. when executing
16 'emerge system' again, it starts again from the beginning, so I don't see
17 how I can solve this problem.
18
19 The setup was just going to download debianutils, so I think the previous
20 packet replaced my wget-config file -> is there a way that I can skip it ?
24 tnx
25 michael
28 btw: I mail this to both list because I think this issue should be
29 something to work on for the devs & I want some help right now ;)
30
31 btw2: plz cc me when mailing back --> I am not subcribed to one of these
32 lists
33
35 Michael De Nil -- michael@×××××××××.be
36 Linux LiSa 2.4.18 #4 SMP ma apr 1 11:11:48 CEST 2002 i686
37 18:21:01 up 3:56, 5 users, load average: 0.04, 0.06, 0.03