From: Florian Kamm <florian.kamm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Willing to support the wxWidgets maintainers if any
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:51:59
Hello,

I am currently developing applications using the great wxWidgets GUI
framework and I noticed that the appropriate gentoo packages are not
very actively maintained. So I think about contributing either to the
maintenance of already existing packages (including the wxWidgets
library itself) or to the development of new ebuilds concerning projects
which use the wxWidgets library.
E.g. some work could be done to support different slots of the wxWidgets
library (coexisting release and debug versions and/or coexisting major
releases). This might yield to the development of an eselect script
allowing to switch from one to an other wxWidgets library version or to
switch from the debug to the release version. This is already supported
by the wx-config utility tool.
I will be grateful to anyone who could help me in my intention to become
a gentoo developer or point me to the right place to discuss about.

Regards
Florian Kamm