From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo git workflows and the stabilization/keywording process
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 15:25:41
1 Ian Stakenvicius:
2 > Git on the other hand will update the entire
3 > tree and there's no way around that, right?
4
5 Yeah, people have to understand that we cannot map the cvs workflow 1:1
6 to git.
7
8 That's for a reason and that little inconvenience it causes is pretty
9 minor compared to the breakage CVS allows (user syncs at a bad time and
10 gets a broken tree, repoman gives bogus results etc.).
11
12 There is no reason to roll back commits or do merge commits for the
13 keywords conflict use case. So I don't see what else needs discussion
14 here, except the proposal from ulm.