From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About forcing rebuilds of other packages issue
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 18:19:49
1 On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 20:02:24 +0200
2 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
3 > Probably other gnome team could reply this better than me, but I don't
4 > think slotting every glib-2 due ABI changes deserves the huge effort.
5
6 Think of the users.
7
8 > Also, we want people to rebuild them against, for example, glib-2.32
9 > ABI, not to keep glib-2.30 and 2.32 installed in parallel and some
10 > packages built against 2.30 and others against 2.32.
11
12 Well, you can do that if you really want...
13
14 > Also, how could this be handled in dbus-glib side? I mean, would we
15 > need to update dbus-glib update from RDEPENDing on glib:2.30 to
16 > glib:2.32? :O
17
18 Noooooo. You'd use := dependencies, possibly with a >= constraint.
21 Ciaran McCreesh