From: Chris Richards <gizmo@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecate EAPIs 0 and 1?
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 00:02:38
1 On 12/31/2010 03:38 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Mike Frysinger<vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 >> personally, i dont see a problem here. what actual burden is there for
4 >> continuing supporting EAPI 0/1 ? i dont think we should go around deprecating
5 >> things for the pure fun of it.
6 >> -mike
7 >>
8 > I tend to agree, unless of course the maintainers of the various
9 > package managers chime in and say that some aspect of some particular
10 > EAPI requires them to maintain a lot of legacy code. Then I'd be all
11 > for dropping some.
12
13 I'm not a gentoo dev, but I tend to agree here.
14
15 "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
16
17 Later,