From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Bugday
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 19:12:35
1 On 2013.02.27 00:39, Pavlos Ratis wrote:
2 > Hello everyone,
3 >
4 > I would like to announce you a new try to 'revive' the Bugday event.
5 > As most of the open source projects have their own bugday, I thought
6 > it would be great to have this event back. For those who don't know,
7 > its a monthly 24h event that takes place in #gentoo-bugs. Its goal is
8 > to close as many bugs as possible . You don't have to be a Gentoo
9 > expert to participate. Those days are a great way to start joining
10 > the
11 > Gentoo community, improving Bugzilla's and Wiki's quality and looking
12 > for a mentor to begin the recruitment process. The upcoming bugday
13 > event is this Saturday and I hope this event will continue in the
14 > next
15 > months. I have created a wiki page for the event[1] and I added some
16 > guidelines. I have also created a related blog post about the
17 > event[2].
18 >
19 > I have listed some maintainer-wanted and maintainer-need bugs and
20 > Bugzilla admins also re-enabled the bugday flag. I would like to ask
21 > the Gentoo project teams to start using this flag to their bugs that
22 > think that are good to start and enable the flag at them. It would be
23 > great to a have a really big list with 'good to start' bugs.
24 >
25 > It's the first time after a long time that this event will take
26 > place,
27 > so I am looking forward to your participation both users and
28 > developers and your feedback.
29 >
30 > [1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Bugday
31 > [2] http://blog.dastergon.gr/gentoo-bugday/
32 >
33 > Thanks,
34 > Pavlos
38 Pavlos,
39
40 I used to do a forums announce for the old bugday. That can be revived
41 too if you want. The old bugday ran to a calender, so the announces
42 went up a week beforehand.
43
44 Are you goings to stick to the first Saturday in the month ?
45
46 Good luck with the revived bugday.
49 Regards,
50