From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Modular X and hardened
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:13:25
1 Simon Strandman wrote:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > I installed modular X on my server running hardened. It was quite
5 > annoying to have to switch back and forth betwen the vanilla gcc and the
6 > hardened. I couldn't leave it on compiling over the night but had to
7 > monitor it all the time. Is this really necessary? Why can't the modular
8 > X eclass just append the appropriate CFLAGS/LDFLAGS that disables bind
9 > now or whatever it is thar breaks X instead?
10
11 The stuff is in the gcc specs file, which I think prevents that.
12
13 Thanks,
14 Donnie
15 --