From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: stabilizing expat 2.0.0
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 18:11:44
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > It's probably a bit late now (unless we want to wait yet another few
3 > months), but tying this to a profile upgrade might have been a more
4 > practical solution. 2007.0, or now 2007.1. Old profiles would stick
5 > with the old expat, and new ones would get the new one. People are
6 > generally prepared for at least a /bit/ of extra upheaval when they do
7 > profile upgrades, and that would have made the PR a bit easier as well,
8 > since that's a natural time for it.
9
10 Sounds good to me. To complement what Mart (leio) said earlier, a good
11 timing for Gnome is either 2.16.3 or 2.18.0/1, the latter not being due
12 for stable in for another few weeks.
13
14 My opinion: the sooner the better. But having new stages for new
15 installs so that users don't have to find out about revdep-rebuild the
16 minute they finish their install is probably the best way to go.
17
18 The profile idea looks ideal.
19
20 Rémi