From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Bugzilla arch list reordering
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 13:54:53
1 On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 11:19 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > I disagree. I think most of the developers are used to the lexical sort,
4 > and it keeps the order predictable. While I suppose keeping amd64
5 > and x86 alongside for the sake of being commonly used would make sense,
6 > I really have no clue how that would affect other arches.
9 It is a trade-off, of course. My hypothesis is that it would be easier to
10 use.
13 > By 'frequency' did you mean how many ebuilds are having the specific
14 > keyword? Could you make some quick stats that would show how this would
15 > look like right now?
18 Here's an estimation of the relative frequencies:
19
20 amd64 (37201)
21 x86 (33703)
22 ppc (15347)