From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] openrc 0.12 - netifrc/newnet mix-up
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 22:32:09
1 On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 03:34:59AM +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > Rich Freeman wrote:
3 > > I can see the argument in making the installation of a network manager
4 > > part of the handbook. We already have a whole page on how to set up
5 > > the network for the install CD itself assuming dhcp doesn't just work.
6 >
7 > I think the handbook should at a minimum have a recipe for
8 > replicating the same network manager setup as is on the CD.
9
10 Agreed, and I'll be talking to Jorge in releng about this, because I
11 may recommend switching to dhcpcd on the live cd after all of this hits
12 stable.
13
14 William