From: "Ralph F. De Witt" <ralphdewitt@×××××××.net>
To: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why the change to mirrors.twobit.net for downloading stuff.
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:31:29
1 On Sunday 10 August 2003 09:29 pm, Corey Shields wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 14:52, Jon Portnoy wrote:
3 > > > IIRC, the new installation manual includes a step to run mirrorselect.
4 > > > As I see it, either they set towbit.net as default to encourage people
5 > > > to use mirrorselect, or perhaps you ran mirrorselect and it
6 > > > (foolishly?) chose towbit.net as the "best" mirror.
7 > >
8 > > At one point (1.4rc3?) twobit was set as the default mirror by accident.
9 > > Any recent stage shouldn't have that problem...
10 >
11 > There is a somewhat new round robin DNS set for distfiles. Set the
12 > first choice in your GENTOO_SOURCES to http://distfiles.gentoo.org/
13 >
14 > The mirrors in this set are all high bandwidth mirrors. Any problems
15 > please open up a bug to mirror-admin
16 >
17 > Cheers!
18 Corey:
19 One question is GENTOO_SOURCES located in /etc/make.conf? If it is then it is
20 not in the version that came with 1.4rc3 this one looks like the bottom half
21 of the last section is missing compared to others I have seen. If it is not
22 complete how do I get a more recent one? Thanks for your help.
23 --
24 Ralph
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list