From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] So now that we have --quiet-build as default, can we talk about a forced LC_MESSAGES=C again?
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 18:41:13
1 On Monday 05 December 2011 17:12:44 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2 > Rich Freeman schrieb:
3 > >> Can we just translate the error messages?
4 > >
5 > > That seems pretty impractical to me. Google Translate is about your
6 > > only option here,
7 >
8 > Actually the translation already exists in /usr/share/locale/ and just
9 > needs to be looked up, so it appears not entirely impractical. Still,
10 > probably not worth the effort.
11
12 assuming you have the same version of the package issuing the error message
13 installed locally, and you haven't restricted your LINGUAS in anyway (so you
14 have them all installed), then yes ;)
15 -mike