From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] x11-libs/lib*: wrong RDEPENDs bug
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 00:11:27
1 Le 28/12/2009 23:53, Fabio Erculiani a écrit :
2 > Interesting, eventually somebody gave me a detailed and technical
3 > explanation without [bla bla snip]. Thanks Rémi.
4 > Yes, I agree with you that the best (and the one I would go for, too)
5 > solution is adding support to a new *DEPEND, perhaps one that could
6 > "host" build-deps only. It looks weird that other PMs out there do
7 > that since 1994 (replace 1994 with older value).
8 > Perhaps adding a big fat # XXX somewhere in ebuilds would have helped
9 > us all in saving some time today.
10
11 We could indeed, but back then we had something like 20~30 dupes so it
12 felt like an obvious fix. I'll start adding comments in the overlay to
13 clear it up.
14
15 > So, at least for now, I suspect I have to give up and close my shiny
16 > 27 bugs. Right?
17
18 I'm afraid so, yes :)
19
20 But if you do want to tackle the EAPI/PMS issue, feel free to reuse the
21 tracker for that. I'll gladly tune in for that discussion.
22
23 Cheers,
24
25 Rémi