From: Jason <jblier@××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Problem with "emerge system"
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 00:49:18
1 Just recently I re partitioned my drive and (willingly) reinstalled Gentoo Linux. The bootstrap went well and the rsync went well, however, when I went to emerge the system (pretend at first), it could not find the ebuild file for texinfo. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
2
3 Also.. In the base system packages, is it possible to exclude certain packages that I do not use such as gpm, isapnptools, efs2progs, lilo or grub without causing any dependancy issues? If so...I would love some info on what file to edit so that "emerge system" will not install these files.
4
5 Thank you very much...and keep up the great work with this excellent project!
6
7 -Jason