From: Joshua Baergen <joshuabaergen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ekeyword and ordering
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:00:39
1 On 6/11/05, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Saturday 11 June 2005 17:21, Joshua Baergen wrote:
3 > > I don't
4 > > care what order they're in. It's not like there are 100 keywords or
5 > > something,
6 > Wait until ppc-od, x86-fbsd and amd64-fbsd keywords make their way into the
7 > tree... the problem there is worst, and the alphabetical order is really
8 > simpler to manage.
9 >
10 > --
11 > Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
12 > Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)
13 >
14 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
19 Point taken :P I knew that was coming, but I didn't think about it
20 when I wrote that.
21
22 Personally, I would support any policy as to avoid different people
23 putting different meanings into the orders, especially if there are
24 groups of people who believe that everyone should do it their way
25 (maybe everyone should). I also think things like information
26 pertaining to developer platforms shouldn't be put into variable
27 ordering. When I write software I don't expect people to understand
28 intricacies of my design decisions and requirements from the order I
29 call functions or the order I give to my parameter assignments,
30 despite some rule of thumb I or others believe is the right way. Not
31 everyone thinks like me, and that's what comments and external
32 documentation are for.
35 Joshua Baergen
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list