From: Kevin Hayes <kjhaze@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] other cron than dcron
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 22:29:13
1 On Fri, 3 May 2002 22:22:24 +0200
2 Frank Thieme <fthieme@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Hi!
5 >
6 > I'm using fcron which is very nice, but every time I do an 'emerge
7 > --update system' it wants to install dcron. How can I stop emerge from
8 > doing this? It's really annoying...
9 >
10 > Bye...Frank
11
12 Have a similar problem for packages other than dcron, the workaround
13 I use is to modify /usr/portage/profiles/default-xxx/packages.
14 It works fine, but "packages" gets overwritten every time you do a
15 rsync. I just save my "packages" file and copy it back every time
16 I rsync, checking that the original packages file hasn't been
17 changed with the rsync,
18
19 There has to be a better way, but thats what i'm doing right now.
22 Kevin Hayes