From: "Michał Górny" <gentoo@××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Repoman to autogenerate ChangeLog entries
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:07:37
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:10:15 +0300
Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:

> One open question is what should repoman do if there is already a > modification to the ChangeLog file.
I suggest reverting the ChangeLog modification. That's what my sunrise-commit [1] does, and it works quite well. On the other side, shouldn't the git migration remove VCS-side ChangeLogs completely in favor of regenerating them on the rsync mirror? I think I'll implement ChangeLog generation feature in egencache in the near time. [1] -- Best regards, Michał Górny