From: Mikael Hallendal <micke@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Grub with nice graphics
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:46:57
1 Den 23 Aug 2001 00:25:58 +0200 skrev Karl Trygve Kalleberg:
2 > On a related note, we really want a nice setup for our
3 > window managers, login handlers, etc.
4
5 About nice setup yes. I'm trying to make gdm as nice as possible and
6 leave the kdm-stuff to danamark or Achim.
7
8 > We should perhaps setup a nice Gentoo theme for GNOME, KDE, etc
9 > as they are installed.
10
11 At least GNOME and KDE. This doesn't have to be much, I think a set of
12 nice gentoo backgrounds and some graphics for the login dialog (ie
13 gdm/kdm) does it. Of couse it would be cool to have our own Nautilus
14 (whatever in KDE) theme with nice gentoo-specific icons and such. But I
15 don't really see the point in wasting time on this.
16
17 > Can you fix this sometime during this week, Hallski ?
18
19 I'm not good at graphics so I suggests that those that are and want to
20 contribute (or contribute more) to Gentoo should do nice graphics and
21 put on some webserver and send url's to the list.
22
23 I'll make sure that the graphics gets in on appropriate places in the
24 GNOME setups and I guess danamark will handle the KDE-stuff.
25
26 Regards,
27 Mikael Hallendal
30 Mikael Hallendal http://micke.hallendal.net/
31 Stockholm, Sweden Cell: +46 (0)709 718 918