From: Chad Huneycutt <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge world --emptytree problems
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:17:44
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 10 July 2002 21:24, Andreas Kotowicz wrote:
3 >>I just did a "emerge --update world --emptytree" and due to a time sync
4 >>it stopped after about 90% of all packages (and 1 day of compiling). If
5 >>I now rerun "emerge --update world --emptytree" it wants to recompile
6 >>the whole thing again. why doesn't it write down to some file which
7 >>packages have been finished so the remaining ones can be done? or is
8 >>this maybe a bug - or even wanted?
9 >
10 > It is "predictable" behaviour and such not a bug. What you could do is get a
11 > list of everything to be included in the compile, and put it in a file (after
12 > removing the colors)
13 > Then you could make some smart grep on the emerge log (you did log, didn't you
14 > ;-) ) to check everything that has allready been compiled. Subtract those
15 > files (remove every compiled package from the world file) and supposed the
16 > filename is TOBUILD you do a
17 > emerge `cat TOBUILD`
18
19 If you don't have a log, you can probably figure out which packages to
20 exclude by doing an mtime-based find on /var/db/pkg. Then you should be
21 able to see the 10% that need to be rebuilt.
24 Chad Huneycutt