From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: IUSE and LINGUAS?
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 17:04:30
1 Mike Frysinger posted <200601301138.35803.vapier@g.o>, excerpted
2 below, on Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:38:35 -0500:
3
4 > On Monday 30 January 2006 11:15, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
5 >> On Monday 30 January 2006 06:17, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
6 >> > Defining LINGUAS variable would be useful to allow people to know whether
7 >> > they are going to have special support for their language in a package,
8 >> > but it would also clutter the output quite a bit.
9 >>
10 >> Okay then.. I'm still looking locally how it appears, and I'm thinking it's
11 >> really useful to have LINGUAS told in emerge -pv and -av.
12 >
13 > it makes a the -pv output unreadable and thus useless ... although if you do
14 > something like -pvv, then the user can expect to get a lot of output ...
15
16 Yes.
17
18 I'd suggest either (1) a feature (perhaps on by default) to enable
19 LINGUAS output, or (2) double-verbose, or (3) perhaps a single linguas USE
20 flag that would enable them for that package and thus list them. That
21 way, the additional clutter could be turned off, and the USE flag list
22 would again be relatively usable.
23
24 Likewise for xorg-x11 and its new VIDEO_CARDS and INPUT_DEVICES, some sort
25 of control over whether all that is displayed would be useful.
30 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
31 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list