From: Per Wigren <wigren@××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Naming question: Small/SmartEiffel
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:35:44
1 Hi!
2
3 I'm about to make an ebuild of Sma{ll,rt}Eiffel and a new category dev-eiffel
4 with a lot of extra libs, modules, bindings etc..
5
6 The problem is that SmallEiffel is about to be renamed to SmartEiffel.. The
7 current stable release is SmallEiffel v0.74, but it will be soon be renamed
8 to SmartEiffel when it becomes v1.0 (it's currently 1.0beta5)..
9
10 How to resolve this? If I make an ebuild for SmallEiffel v0.74 now, I want it
11 to be upgraded to SmartEiffel v1.0 when it is released.. It's the very same
12 compiler, just renamed..
13
14 Another problem is that the filenames doesn't contain the version-number...
15 All versions are named se.tgz so this will cause a problem when upgrading if
16 the old one is still in distfiles...
17
18 Regards,
19 Per Wigren