From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] init script guidelines
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:43:16
1 On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 14:08 -0400, Eric Brown wrote:
2 > My point is that Snort and Apache are not alone in this, so I suppose
3 > quite a few upstream developers just disagree with us on what proper
4 > initialization means. Why should our users suffer?
5
6 They shouldn't, but that doesn't mean implementing some half-baked hack
7 to resolve the situation. It might be better to instead patch the
8 daemon in question and send the patches upstream. Upstream developers
9 (usually) are much more willing to make changes when you've done the
10 work for them... ;]
13 Chris Gianelloni
15 Games - Developer
16 Gentoo Linux