From: Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] openrc: oldnet vs newnet
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:52:56
1 On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 11:16:08 -0500
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > All,
5 >
6 > I want to start a new thread since the discussion on openrc is centering
7 > on whether we should use oldnet, newnet, or keep both.
8
9 Use "oldnet." Why?
10
11 1. We already have a migration guide setup for it:
12
13 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
14
15 Keeping "oldnet" will greatly reduce the time needed to change all our other docs, since I can use it as a reference, without needing write a completely new migration guide for "oldnet" and *then* still have to change all our other docs.
16
17 2. Users are already accustomed to doing things via "oldnet," since they've been using OpenRC and following this guide for two years now, since 2008.