From: Chris Bainbridge <C.J.Bainbridge@×××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] /usr/portage/distfiles/ name collisions
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:11:08
1 Twice in the last two days I've had to deal with packaging distribution files
2 that have source URIs with the same basenames (eg. I have two packages that
3 pull in examples.tar.gz, and a package that gets released to a version
4 directory like ${PV}/package.tar.gz). Portage gets confused, thinks I already
5 have the file, then fails the checksum. Is there any way to override the
6 fetch behaviour in an ebuild, eg. to record the full uri like
7 /usr/portage/distfiles/http://... ?