From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new USE="win32" flag for mingw and prefix/windows support
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 15:52:36
1 Hi everyone:
2
3 After doing some experimentation with a mingw crossdev, I found that I
4 needed to do a lot of EXTRA_ECONF settings in combination with
5 USE="aqua" in order to get packages supporting a win32 API to be
6 configured appropriately. In order to support this situation better,
7 I propose adding a new global flag 'win32', modelled after the 'aqua'
8 flag, that can be used instead to provide this configuration directly
9 in ebuilds.
10
11 Just like USE="aqua", the flag will be use.mask'ed in base/ so that
12 users don't erroneously enable it. I didn't un-use.mask it anywhere
13 yet since (A) I don't have a prefix/windows environment to test, and
14 (B) the mingw-based crossdev environments use profiles/embedded by
15 default, which doesn't inherit from profiles/base and so doesn't have
16 the use.mask restriction.
17
18 The attached patch lists the necessary changes to profile/ as well as
19 the addition of USE=win32 to *ONE VERSION* of gtk+:2, gtk+:3 and cairo
20 (the actual commit will include more versions).
21
22 Comments?

this.patch text/x-diff