From: Jano Lukac <jano@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SMP
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:10:04
1 I simply took apart the iso and swapped out the kernel; this was back in
2 november. Took about 30 minutes for the swap, and my guess is that the ROI
3 for time was pretty good (don't remember the full details and my system has
4 gotten kinda outdated by now (p3-800 x 2)).
5
6 jano
7
8 Keith Morris said:
9 > Greetings,
10 >
11 > Love your stuff. However, I couldn't find an easy way to slip in a
12 > build for the SMP kernel BEFORE it went and did all the bootstrapping,
13 > etc.
14 >
15 > Any ideas? It would bootstrap faster and then build the base system
16 > all FASTER.
17 >
18 > Guess I could always load up the binary distro and THEN rebuild
19 > everything?
20 >
21 > Thanks,
22 > Keith