From: tneidt@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] prozilla segfaults when fetching wget/devfsd
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:14:45
1 Hi!
4 > is it on a celeron machine ?
5 No. It happens on both a PII and an Athlon. The the compile opts are the
6 standard gentoo ones in make.conf for i686.
9 > was it for the same files for which peter had a problem or for any file in
10 general ?
11 No. My main problem was with the ext3 patch? (don't remember the exact file
12 name) that is part of the linux-headers download when doing a emerge --
13 fetchonly update. prozilla would seem to download the file fine but instead of
14 moving on, would try to re-download the same file from another mirror site. It
15 would notice that it had already attempted the download and ask the Abort,
16 Resume, Overwrite question. It would then bomb regardless of which option wa
17 chosen. I eventually just downloaded the file manually with lynx and then
18 emerge --fetchonly update completed fine.
19
20 Unfortunately, I don't have acces to these machines at the moment or I would
21 give you some more specific info, i.e. prozilla version, etc.
22
23 tod
24
26 Sent using Fidelity Networks, Inc. Mailman.
27 http://www.fidnet.com/