From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC Bugzilla interaction guide for devs & editbugs users
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 08:32:42
Hi,

After a discussion on IRC, a few of us were considering the value of
adding suggestions on handling of bugs in Bugzilla from a developer (and
editbugs user) perspective.

These is the simplest set I have to start, but I'd really like other
comments and ideas.

1. General case
  - You should only close bugs that you are assigned or if you (or an alias
	you represent) just fixed them.
  - If you fix a bug and AREN'T already getting mail for it, you should
	add yourself to the CC list, to listen for regressions or responses
	to TESTREQUEST.

2. Special cases
2.1. STABLEREQ, KEYWORDREQ
  The last arch on the list should close the bug when they have completed
  the action.

2.2. Security bugs
  The developer should comment, but ONLY members of the security team
  should:
  - change whiteboard
  - add/remove arches
  - change bug status/reso