From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last rites: kde-misc/kdbus
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 13:09:30
1 Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> posted 46876A05.30805@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Sun, 01 Jul 2007 11:47:01 +0300:
3
4 > +# Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> (01 Jul 2007)
5 > +# Upstream describes this as:
6 > +# Buggy and unmaintained D-BUS service browser for KDE.
7 > +# Seems to segmentation fault on me on startup with current
8 > +# dbus. Removal in 30 days unless someone else takes this
9 > +# package and fixes the problems.
10 > +kde-misc/kdbus
11 > +
12
13 FWIW, it seems to work fine here, no segfaults I could cause just
14 browsing tho I didn't try sending any dbus messages with it. ~amd64 (so
15 KDE 3.5.7) here except that I've unmasked gcc-4.2.0, and as recommended,
16 done the emerge --emptytree thing. So I've got a pretty freshly rebuilt
17 system, but it doesn't segfault here, even built with gcc-4.2.0.
18
19 So it can't be /entirely/ borken. I don't use it, and as you're the
20 maintainer, if you wish to kill it, I've no objections. Just sayin' it
21 /does/ still work, so you'll need a reason other than that, even if it's
22 just that you're tired of it and it's not a big loss since KDE-4's coming
23 up and it's unmaintained, so would appear to be on borrowed time anyway.
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list