From: Rutger Lubbers <ripat@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] compile time statistics
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:55:31
1 People,
2
3 This mail is about a question. The question is "how long does package x.y.z
4 take to compile on my machine?" Now my idea is, we have the emerge.log file
5 and can obtain some data from it, so we might "predict" that compile time for
6 that user.
7
8 To get a fairly good prediction I need data. To get data I perhaps need a
9 prediction. Which needs data. So at the moment I don't know what to do.
10
11 One part I have finished right now, I can get the compile times from the
12 emerge.log and submit it to a central database (see http://ripat.xs4all.nl).
13 Some "basic" querying I can do too.
14
15 My questions to you is:
16 - would this be a nice feature to have?
17 - would you be willing to provide me with compile time statistics?
18 - do you have any hints / ideas what I can do to get this from a no dataless
19 project to a data having project?
20
21 Thanks,
24 Rutger Lubbers