From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: dominique.c.michel@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: x11-themes/fvwm-crystal
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 01:48:06
1 On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 07:31:48PM -0600, Hank Leininger wrote:
2 > > # Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o> (2020-06-03)
3 > > # py2 only. dead upstream. m-n.
4 > > # Masked for removal in 15 days
5 > > x11-themes/fvwm-crystal
6 >
7 > I use fvwm-crystal, so I'll speak up on its behalf...
8 >
9 > fvwm-crystal has supported python3 since version 3.6.0.
10 >
11 > It is still active upstream; version 3.6.5 was released 2020-04-24:
12 >
13 > https://sourceforge.net/projects/fvwm-crystal/files/3.6.5/
14 >
15 > There has been a PR by the x11-themes/fvwm-crystal proxy maintainer
16 > (also the upstream maintainer) to bump to v3.6.2 which switches to py3,
17 > and add acct-group/fvwm-crystal for GLEP 81 since Feb:
18 >
19 > https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+fvwm-crystal
20 >
21 > (Nevermind the typoes in the bump subject.)
22 >
23 > It looks like the PR got caught up in order-of-operations issues w/the
24 > switch to acct-group/fvwm-crystal, the PR for which got held up for
25 > other reasons.
26 >
27 > Dominique if you are no longer able to/interested in proxy-maintaining
28 > the Gentoo fvwm-crystal package and want to offload it, I can try, since
29 > otherwise I will keep it in a local overlay anyway.
30 >
31 > [If you are already subscribed to gentoo-dev, then sorry for the CC: spam]
32 >
33 > Thanks,
36 Hank, both PR's introduce breakage and are not the latest versions.
37 Additionally, one is not signed off on.
38
39 If you open a PR with a bump then please ping me directly to
40 review/merge
43 Cheers,
44 Aaron