From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo theming during bootup
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:36:09
1 On Friday 07 April 2006 15:28, Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > He said he wanted to make it easy, not forcing it. Or am I mistaken?
3
4 How do you want not to enforce it? The last time¹ someone came up with
5 a "branding" use flag, some were in favor of, some against it.
6
7 Still, the basic question is: Why!? There's no benefit for the user, who will
8 choose whatever theming he wants anyways. Imho it's superfluous and therefore
9 wasted time. I for one favor to stick with that, what upstream provides.
12 Carsten
15 [1] http://tinyurl.com/o7dkc