From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: reorganization of /var/lib gentoo-related files
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 18:15:55
1 On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:15:54 +0100
2 Fabio Rossi <rossi.f@××××××.it> wrote:
3
4 > On Wednesday 31 December 2008, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
5 > > Fabio Rossi wrote:
6 > > > On Wednesday 31 December 2008, Duncan wrote:
7 > > >> Except that... in theory, some or all of those apps could
8 > > >> technically be used on/for other distributions and platforms as
9 > > >> well.
10 > > >
11 > > > Yes, this is the theory but I think they'll be never ported to
12 > > > other distributions.
13 > >
14 > > sabayon doesn't use these apps? How about gentoo based livecds,
15 > > etc. ?
16 >
17 > Ok, you're right. But I wasn't speaking about gentoo-based
18 > distributions...
19
20 Well, a few people have actually been using portage on rpm-based distros
21 as well in the past. Granted that was usually quite a hack and required
22 a few modifications, but it might not be as impossible as you think.