From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Herds, Teams and Projects
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:08:25
1 On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 07:11:33PM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > The thing is, in most cases it doesn't really matter. But a herd is a group of
3 > packages.
4
5 That may be how it was originally intended, but it seems to me - and
6 to others it seems - that the "herds" have evolved into what was
7 originally labeled "teams".
8
9 I suggest we update the documentation to reflect this evolution, and
10 either rename "herds" to "teams" or vice versa. Using the word "team"
11 may have the benefit of improving the team spirit of the developer
12 community as a whole.
13
14 Regards,
15 Brix
16 --
17 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
18 Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd