From: Wyatt Epp <wyatt.epp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Are tags just sets?
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:34:44
1 On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 07:53, Peter Volkov <pva@g.o> wrote:
2 > В Пнд, 27/06/2011 в 20:26 -0700, Brian Harring пишет:
3 >> > Second, make a bunch of sets named kde-tag, editors-tag, xml-tag,
4 >> > monkeys-tag etc.
5 >
6 > I'd like avoid editing multiple files. Much better will be keep tags
7 > with package.
8 >
9 <snip />
10 > Also I like metadata.xml proposal since it'll be easy to use
11 > per-category metadata.xml for all ebuilds to inherit.
12 >
13 You weren't planning on doing this all _manually_, were you? ;) With
14 proper tool support (or even just a couple quick scripts), the
15 single/multiple file argument becomes pretty much moot.
16
17 Another thing I think should be reiterated is that leveraging sets in
18 this matter gets us implication and aliasing for free (as long as sets
19 can be included inside of other sets). I'm not sure it would be so
20 easy to accomplish otherwise.
21
22 Regards,
23 Wyatt