From: Hendrik Visage <hvisage@×××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Customize a ebuild before compiling
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 13:53:26
1 Hi there,
2
3 One of my personal main "gripes" about the portage/ports/.srpm etc.
4 setups, are that I can't "tune" the installation in a managed fashion,
5
6 An example is flwm (Nothing against tadpol, thanx for the -r1 :)
7 that have some interesting configuration changes that can only be made in
8 the config.h file before compilation.
9
10 Now my wishlist for ebuilds etc.
11 I'd like to have a interactive setup or step by step changes,
12 ie.
13 issue the standard installation (Let's see if it install by default)
14 Then I'd like to ask it to extract the package, but to let me add some extra
15 ./configure options (Enable this or disable that), eg. I'd like to have a text
16 console only xemacs, or I'd like to have xaw instead of lucid menus etc. etc.
17 Then I'd like it to do the configure, and after that I'd like the possibility
18 to vi some config.c for some changes in the system in the way *I* want it.
19 Then let it do the compile & install.
20
21 Or am I missing a documentation page??
25 Hendrik Visage
26 hvisage@×××××××××××.za