From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [QA] Official support for migrating ebuilds out of games.eclass
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 01:03:14
1 On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 3:47 PM, Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o> wrote:
2 > I'm glad to see some reach-out here and taking responsibility for
3 > decisions. However, what does the QA team have to say about systems that
4 > want games on other media (such as an SSD or separate HDD), or wish to
5 > restrict the use of games on their system to certain accounts?
6
7 Has anyone complained about either of these features going away? If
8 they're purely theoretical concerns...
9
10 The games.eclass saga has gone on plenty long enough. I would much
11 prefer that we not relitigate it. I understand that you may not have
12 been around when most of it happened initially, but please understand
13 that it's not feasible to reconsider every decision when new
14 developers join the project.