From: Ric Mesier <kilroy@×××××××.COM>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /etc/init.d
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:58:41
1 Not sure I need /etc/init.d to be touched once I have it working because
2 I sometimes make minor alterations to files in there that I'd rather not
3 get clobbered. One thing that frustrated me, tho, was the difficulty in
4 checking the differences in the new files in /etc. I may actually get up
5 the ambition to write a script to do a batch diff on all the files in
6 the various /etc directories.
7
8 One thing that did frustrate me while I was looking at the changes
9 manually was that some files showed very minor diffs. /etc/pwdb.conf
10 showed alterations on all the lines. Some of them, to my recollection
11 had the ordering changed and perhaps some spacing that was different. It
12 might also be useful to know why the changes were made so I can make a
13 determination as to whether I merge the changes in or not. Or was there
14 an emerge command for some of this?
15
16 Ric