From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] [EAPI=3] Add approprietly prefixed values of IUSE_* variables to IUSE
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 14:52:47
1 On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 04:33:54 +0200
2 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <Arfrever@g.o> wrote:
3 > I would like to suggest that values of IUSE_* variables (whose names
4 > end with values of USE_EXPAND variable), after prefixing with
5 > lower-cased names of appropriate variables included in USE_EXPAND,
6 > should be automatically added to IUSE variable.
7
8 Aside from the Council's decision not to include anything new in EAPI
9 3, which appears to be the only thing protecting us from massive
10 scope creep, and aside from David's comments about whether we even know
11 USE_EXPAND during metadata generation...
12
13 Are you sure that the way you're suggesting is the most elegant way of
14 doing things? The alternative proposal was:
15
16 IUSE="foo bar linguas: en fr"
17
18 which, admittedly, requires adding ( ) support to IUSE, but that's also
19 required by some of the other IUSE-related proposals.
22 Ciaran McCreesh