From: Sven Eden <sven.eden@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs due lack of time
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:42:58
1 Am Samstag, 16. Februar 2013, 14:08:06 schrieb Pacho Ramos:
2 > Due pva lack of time the following packages are now up for grabs:
3 > app-emulation/e-uae
4 > app-emulation/uae
5
6 AFAIK both are long dead. The current actively developed uae variant is PUAE,
7 but I'd say it is not ready for a wider audience right now. It syncs regularly
8 with WinUAE, but its GUIs are in a bad shape. The configuration documentation
9 is ... well ... lacking at best.
10
11 The PUAE maintainer, GnoStiC, has only a Mac to develop on. All linux stuff is
12 currently done by me. And I am busy cleaning up code and getting to a state
13 where I can bring the front-ends back into a working state.
14
15 PUAE: https://github.com/GnoStiC/PUAE
16 My cleanup-branch: https://github.com/Yamakuzure/PUAE
17 Note: We cross-merge. regularly.
18
19 Most people use an Amiga emulator for some nostalgic gaming only anyway.
20 Therefore it might be a good idea to add fs-uae (gamerlay-stable) to the tree,
21 if there is any need for it.
22
23 However, if there is a need to keep uae and e-uae, I could proxy maintain
24 both. The code base I am working on is the same after all. And I have plenty
25 of Amiga stuff lying around to test p-uae (Dragons Megademo anyone? ;)) anyway.
26
27 Cheers
28
29 Sven