From: Luca Longinotti <chtekk@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SLOTed MySQL or not?
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:28:06
1 Ramon van Alteren wrote:
2 > No dev but +1 from me.
3 > I liked slotted mysql a lot and use it extensively.
4 >
5 > It has helped us tremendously during our upgrade path and I would be
6 > very sad to see it go.
7 >
8 > Public opinion is just that, public opinion, doesn't neccesarily mean
9 > something went wrong.
10 >
11 > FWIW, I'd like to keep the slotted mysql ebuilds. If they are removed
12 > from the tree I'll re-add them to our local frozen tree for our company.
13 >
14 > We're not a hosting company BTW, we just run lots of mysql daemons ;-)
15 >
16 > Ramon
19 Slotted MySQL will definitely go away from the main Portage tree, there
20 only the normal MySQL ebuilds will remain. Atm we're setting up an
21 overlay for MySQL, so there you'll still be able to download the slotted
22 ebuilds and eventually if someone's intersted he can maintain them/bring
23 them to a usable, better state or whatever, but we (MySQL Herd) won't do
24 that at the moment and will only maintain and provide non-slotted MySQL
25 ebuilds.
26 --
27 Best regards,
28 Luca Longinotti aka CHTEKK