From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Herd likely up for grabs: net-im
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 20:20:22
1 On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 19:19:31 +0000
2 Amadeusz Żołnowski <aidecoe@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> writes:
5 > > Packages currently in herd along with their other maintainers:
6 > > [...]
7 > >
8 > > net-im/ejabberd :
9 >
10 > I have not much knowledge about erlang stuff, but I will take ejabberd
11 > if noone else wants. Co-maintainers are welcome.
12
13 I would love if ejabberd gets maintained again :-)
14
15 I recently tried to update it, but it's a bit annoying, upstream makes
16 things really hard. They live-git-checkout various things (and
17 adapt that based on config flags) and don't provide a tarball including
18 everything that's needed.
19 The last person working on that was radhermit.
20
21 Maybe we can try to fix that together and get a new version into the
22 tree.
25 Hanno Böck
26 http://hboeck.de/
27