From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: qa <qa@g.o>, comrel@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: net-libs/libssh2/
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 21:43:26
1 On Mon, 2018-10-01 at 23:13 +0200, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > On Mon, 01 Oct 2018 17:00:24 +0200
3 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Mon, 2018-10-01 at 11:46 +0000, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
6 > > > commit: d866d4705e1e4a092579a31df2815e3407950a19
7 > > > Author: Jeroen Roovers <jer <AT> gentoo <DOT> org>
8 > > > AuthorDate: Mon Oct 1 11:45:43 2018 +0000
9 > > > Commit: Jeroen Roovers <jer <AT> gentoo <DOT> org>
10 > > > CommitDate: Mon Oct 1 11:46:10 2018 +0000
11 > > > URL:
12 > > > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=d866d470
13 > > >
14 > > > net-libs/libssh2: Add USE=mbedtls, switch to cmake for building
15 > > >
16 > > > * Add support for net-libs/mbedtls
17 > > > * Switch to cmake as the autotools build is even more broken
18 > > > * Remove USE=static-libs as that inhibits building shared libs
19 > > > * Use REQUIRED_USE to force choosing a crypto backend
20 >
21 > You completely skipped over the improvements. In effect, you show
22 > yourself to be completely unresponsive to what were considered positive
23 > changes to the author of the work.
24 >
25 > Then you begin to pick apart what you think is wrong. It's not obvious
26 > why you are doing it this way, and with regard to practically all
27 > of your earlier e-mails addressed to me, I can only assume malice.
28
29 I'm sorry but I'm not going to help you if you keep attacking me like
30 this. I have merely pointed out mistakes I've noticed. I did it
31 privately specifically with respect to you. You turn this into some
32 kind of public slandering effort, apparently for no other reason than
33 'assuming malice'.
34
35 I'm sorry if you can't see anything good in people. When someone points
36 out an issue with my ebuild, I assume he just wants to have the ebuild
37 improved. But now I learn people do that out of sheer malice.
38
39 I'm sorry that my comments were not detailed enough. I have wrongly
40 assumed they'd point you in the right direction, and you'd be able to
41 solve those issues with help of eclass documentation.
42
43 > Someone suggested in an e-mail that "he is just annoyed that you broke
44 > an ebuild that he has spent some time maintaining", but `git shortlog
45 > -- .` would tell you quite a different story. What I think is happening
46 > here is that you think I am "touching your stuff". You have to nitpick
47 > at it instead of just fixing it together and then sending me an update
48 > about the extra work or by pointing out the problems in a more humane
49 > way and leaving me to fix them.
50
51 That's one way to look at it. The other way is that you're so horribly
52 abrasive that I'm *scared* to touch this ebuild beyond what needs to be
53 absolutely done. That's why I didn't switch it to CMake earlier --
54 because I presumed you'd attack me again. It seems I wasn't wrong after
55 all.
58 Best regards,
59 Michał Górny