From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Repository mirror & CI: pkgcore upgrade incoming (possibly issues)
Date: Sun, 09 May 2021 22:30:35
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 I'm preparing to deploy a major pkgcore & co. upgrade for the Repository
4 mirror & CI. I'm currently updating scripts for pkgcore-0.11.8
5 and doing dry-run testing. I'm going to deploy it live tonight or early
6 tomorrow.
7
8 This is a big change. Most importantly, pkgcore stopped supporting
9 PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT, so I had to replace config injection everywhere.
10 Plus, there was a weird hang in 'pmaint regen' that I think I've fixed
11 in 0.11.8-r2 but as hangs go -- I can't be entirely sure.
12
13 The upgrade will be deployed to repos/gentoo CI first, and to pull-
14 requests only if there are no issues with the former. If things fail,
15 the mirrors could stop updating for some time and/or CI may misfire.
16 I'll report back once things are done.
17
18 I apologize for any inconveniences this could cause.
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny