From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] more help needed with gcc-4.8 stabilization, chromium starts heavily using C++11
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 10:48:47
1 On 1 November 2014 10:47, Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
2 > But let's reason a moment on the no-linked-logs policy: as Rich
3 > pointed out already, the policy is there for a reason and that reason
4 > is that we don't want people to submit bugs with pastebins or home
5 > server logs because they are bound to go away. I link logs to Amazon,
6 > which I pay for. Mike says it's unreasonable to expect me to pay
7 > Amazon for them forever... I pay $1/mo for storing viewing an adding
8 > the logs. And even that turned out to be actually an excess as I was
9 > paying between $.12 and $.20 for storing EBS snapshots from long ago
10 > that I never ended up removing. It's not even a rounding error at this
11 > point.
12
13 And I forgot to add, to run the tinderbox, hosting the server costs me
14 $600/mo — and sure, I use it to stage the packages for a bunch of my
15 private servers too, and it runs fate instances for libav. But you can
16 probably note how the two numbers don't even come *close* to each
17 other.
18
19 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
20 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/