From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Staging 'einstalldocs' for EAPI 6
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 12:09:10
1 On 08/20/2013 01:54 PM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >> For example, hasufell has suggested checking ${DOCS// /} to support
3 >> DOCS=' ' as well.
4 >
5 > Looks like over-engineering to me. Are there any use cases for it?
8 No, just caution, so we don't have to realize that our default
9 src_install is broken again.
10
11 >> 4. Globbing support in DOCS array
12 >> 5. Appending to DOCS
13 >
14 > Creeping featurism. Define an explicit src_install if you need any of
15 > these, and I'm sure it will improve readability of your ebuild.
18 I don't see how defining phases explicitly improves readability which
19 even increases chances of overwriting phases by accident and having
20 further complications especially in multilib eclasses.
21
22 DOCS=( foo* )
23
24 looks pretty readable to me